Back to the Grind – Avoid Meltdown Moments!
Summer is over. Holidays are done. Those projects that you were kind of working on this summer now have firm deadlines. Those colleagues that maybe annoyed you are now back in the office every damn day. Your boss is also back and breathing down your neck to get sh*t done – after all your work out put affects his overall performance and you are heading into the last quarter of the year. Everything needs to get done now. It is time to hit the ground running.
This sounds super stressful and overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. Even though work can seem like a bit too much at times it is super important for you to figure out how you can take a step back and breathe. What can you do to pull you out of a funk or as I like to call it a meltdown moment.
Here are three simple steps that can help you reset your day and avoid the meltdown moment.
- Think of three to five things that make you smile or laugh.
- Put these things on your desk or have them on hand.
- When you are having a meltdown moment – take a break, close your eyes and take a deep breath. When you open your eyes focus on three to five things that make smile.
Here are some of the things that I use to refocus.
1. Fun pictures of FAMILY & FRIENDS. I love to look at these pictures and relive the moment but also feel grateful for having so many amazing people in my life.
- So What – Pink
- Independent Women – Destiny’s Child
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- HollaBack Girl – Gwen Stefani
- Suvivor – Destiny’s Child
- Let’s Get This Party Started – Pink
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
And, if all else fails just have a sassy drink container on your desk that can do all the talking for you.